Town of Palisade Permits

Commercial Use or Special Event Permits are for events that will take place within public streets or on other City-owned property, such as City parks and trails. Please call 970-464-5602 if you need help with the permitting process.

Depending on the nature of your proposed Filmmaking Production, other City permits may be required in addition to, or place of, the Special Event Permit.


Point of contact for the Town of Palisade Parks and Recreation

Rebecca Loucks - 970-464-5602

175 East 3rd Street P.O. Box 128 Palisade, CO 81526

Contact Rebecca Loucks directly to inquire about film and photography permits. For Commercial Filming, fill out a special events application and email


Fees & Links

Commercial Use Photo or Video Permit

  • Case by Case

Special Event Permit

  • All park rentals will require a $100.00 deposit and will cost $50-$100 for shelter use.

When do you need a permit to film on the Town of Palisade City Property?

Town of Palisade will require a fee for the professional use of still photography equipment, motion picture equipment, or other videotaping equipment on Town of Palisade Owned Property or Parks under the following circumstances:

  • If photographs, motion pictures, or videos on city property will be made to sell the products to those users.
  • If photographs, motion pictures, or videos will be made under an existing contract to sell them.
  • If photographs, motion pictures, or videos of commercial products will be made on Town of Palisade Property for advertising purposes.
  • If the photography, motion picture, or video taking is reasonably likely to affect the Town of Palisade Property or its resources adversely.

A fee is not required under the following circumstances:

  • Casual use of photography on Town of Palisade Property.
  • No permit is needed for Streets unless closure is needed

What is commercial filming?

“Commercial filming” means the film, electronic, magnetic, digital, or other recording of a moving image by a person, business, or other entity for a market audience to generate income. Examples include, but are not limited to, feature films, videography, and documentaries. Commercial filming may include advertising a product or service or using actors, models, sets, or props.

Do I need a permit for still photography?

In most cases, still photography does not require a permit. A permit is required for still Commercial Photography. Commercial Photography is defined as a photographer that will sell images or files to a client or use the images for commercial purposes. The following uses do not require a license.

  • Casual use of photography on the Town of Palisade Property.


If I’m a social media influencer, do I need a permit?

Federal law requires a permit for all commercial filming, regardless of crew size or equipment type. This includes individuals or small groups that don’t use much equipment but generate revenue by posting footage on websites such as YouTube and TikTok. 

All filmmakers, regardless of size, must comply with all rules that apply in park areas or facilities, just like other visitors.

How do I apply for a permit?

  • Application: Contact Rebecca Loucks directly about film and photography permits. For Commercial Filming, fill out a special events application and email
  • Liability Insurance: Supply the Town of Palisade with a proof of insurance certificate naming the City as an additional insured on the policy. Coverage must be Comprehensive General Liability insurance coverage with unimpaired combined single limits of at least $1,000,000 per person and $1,000,000 in the aggregate. The certificate must be received once the application is approved and before the permit is issued. The issuance of a proof of insurance certificate is a formal process by the Lessee’s insurance company. The insurer must send it directly to the Town of Palisade Parks and Recreation Department. Copies made by the Lessee are not valid.
  • Payment: Once the application is approved, the full fee will be paid before issuing the Commercial User Permit.
  • The Commercial Use Permit must be with you at all times.
  • The Commercial Use Permit does not entitle you to exclusive use of any facility. A separate facility use permit must be obtained from the Town of Palisade Parks and Recreation if exclusive use is needed. Fees may apply.

What fees will I have to pay?

Fees are based on the number of days and the number of people including actors, models, and filming and support crew. Some additional fees may include street closures or facility use. 

Commercial Use Photo or Video Permit

  • Case by Case

Special Event Permit

  • Park Rentals and Fees Range from $50-$100 with a $100 Deposit. Closures of areas may result in additional fees

Need help or more info about obtaining a permit?

The Grand Junction Film Commission would love to help you with your permitting inquiries. If you are planning a production here in Western Colorado that requires Film or Photography Permits. Please contact us for more information and help.


Grand Junction Film Commission


About Us

Our Team


Film Incentives

Contact Us


Western Colorado Crew & Support

Colorado Crew & Support

Listing Request


Festivals & Events


Western Colorado Locations

Colorado Locations

Location Submission


Colorado National Monument


US Forest Service

Grand Junction